Dr Susan Cleator
BA, PhD, MRCP, FRCP
Consultant Clinical Oncologist
I trained at Oxford University and Hospitals, and undertook my oncology training at the Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Mount Vernon and The Royal Marsden Hospitals. During this period I also spent three years working full-time on her PhD project at the Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden Hospital. This focused on defining molecular signatures of breast cancer that predict response to systemic treatment.
- Breast Cancer – Wide-ranging experience and expertise including systemic therapy (chemotherapy, endocrine therapy, ‘biological’ therapies, emerging therapies) for early/ secondary breast cancer. This includes access to clinical trials.
- Breast Radiotherapy, including emerging technologies
- Colorectal Radiotherapy: Wide-ranging experience and expertise including systemic therapy (chemotherapy, ‘biological’ therapies, emerging therapies) for early/ secondary colorectal cancer, including access to clinical trials
- Rectal (pelvic) Radiotherapy.
- Anal cancer: Special interest in this uncommon disease
- Cyberknife Radiotherapy trained to work within the HCA MDT framework
- Chemotherapy Lead, Imperial Healthcare Trust (ICHT)
- Breast Radiotherapy Lead, ICHT
- Breast cancer Clinical Trials Lead, ICHT
- Breast chemotherapy protocol lead, LOC
Committee member Breast Cancer Pathway Group, LCA (body overseeing breast services delivery in South West London, including a role in defining chemotherapy and radiotherapy LCA guidelines)
- Previously a member of Breast Cancer Studies Group (overseeing Breast Cancer National Research portfolio)
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Research and Publications
Has published widely in International Journals, especially on the biology of breast cancer and systemic treatment of early/late breast cancer and presents regularly at National meetings.