Dr Lucy Brazil
Consultant Clinical Oncologist
Brain Tumours including Glioblastoma Multiforme, Low Grade Glioma, Oligodendroglioma and Spinal Tumours, Breast cancer including brain metastases.
I trained in oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals. I was awarded an MD in 2007 for research into breast cancer genetics at the Institue of Cancer Research and Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
I have been a Consultant at Guy’s and St Thomas’ and Kings College Hospitals since 2005.
My research interests
- Member of the NCI (National Cancer Institute) Brain Tumour Clinical Studies Group,
- Member of EORTC (European Organisation of Research and Treatment of Cancer Brain tumour group,
- Chief investigator for the CODEL brain tumour study using chemotherapy and radiotherapy for Gliomas,
- Chairman of the brain tumour Palliative care QOL sub-group,
- Neuro-oncology Research lead at Guy’s and St Thomas’
- Systemic Chemotherapy Neuro-oncology lead at Guy’s and St Thomas’.
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust.